Care and Maintenance for all Concrete Products
- Wipe up spills immediately to minimize exposure to surface damaging substances.
- Use mild, non abrasive cleaning products that DO NOT CONTAIN ammonia, bleach or solvents.
- Use felt rubber protectors on the bottom of ceramic or metal objects
- Place protection underneath candles, vases, flower pots, etc.
- Test cleaning products on an inconspicuous area before using on an entire surface
- Put objects which have sharp edges on the surface (this includes boxes, cans and equipment)
- Slide objects across surfaces
- Use abrasive cleaners or pads
- Cut on surface
- Put hot pots or objects on the surface
- Put containers containing solvents on the surface
- Let acidic objects and or ammonia based solutions sit on the surface for extended periods.
Regular Maintenance of Counters, Sinks and Furniture
Maintain with regular applications of any of the following products:
- Beeswax Salad Bowl Finish
- Gel Gloss
- Remove soap scum and hard water build-up with a mild solution of cold water and vinegar.
- Always use a cutting board on counter tops. Cutting on the concrete surface will damage the sealer and dull the knives
- Reseal the surface every few years depending on usage
Sculptural Design offers a 1 year warranty on structural and installation defects which includes:
- Lifting, Peeling, Fading
- Any atypical deterioration of the concrete sealer
Warranty does not cover characteristics that are integral to concrete including:
- Surface variation
- Hairline cracks
- Long term change in colour
- Colour variation
- Damage to concrete or sealer as a result of abnormal usage or improper maintenance including:
- Chipping or breaking of concrete
- Scratches and damage to sealer.
Most nominal damage can be repaired, however it is better to avoid the possibility in the first place.
If you notice light scratching or other imperfections, these can usually be buffed out with a fresh application of wax. If more extensive damage was done, give us a call and we will see what can be done to repair it.
Repairs Available at an Hourly Rate